5 STEP PLAN: HOW TO LEARN POW
For many, skiing or riding off trail, in fresh powder is the holy grail of skiing and snowboarding. No doubt about it, being able to thrive and prosper off piste opens up a big new world that goes beyond the groomed trails into some of the most beautiful and awesome terrain the mountains have to offer.
But, how does the average skier or rider get a chance to really develop the skills to really thrive and prosper off piste? Well, it turns out not to be that hard. Here’s a simple 5 step plan to off trail bliss:
- Go to a place where you have a great chance at getting the raw material necessary: After being here at Grand Targhee Resort for the past 25 years, allow me to recommend this place. We are famous for collecting over 500” of cold, dry powder every season and our combination of smaller crowds and expansive terrain mean there is more snow for you.
- Get some quality coaching, like the kind you’ll get from a PSIA (Professional Ski Instructors of America) or AASI (American Association of Snowboard Instructors) certified instructor.
- Practice: You will progress faster if you combine practice time with your quality coaching. A perfect way to get both coaching and practice is to join a multi-day, off trail specific camp. Once again, Grand Targhee Resort to the rescue!!! Join us for one of our GTR ‘Knowledge is Powder’ Camps. The camps are three day clinics with certified instructors and tons of extra value goodies like video analysis, access to GTR’s world famous Early Tracks program, a cat skiing option and some fun social events to boot!
- Ski or ride fatter boards…they allow more floatation and speed up the off piste learning curve. And yes, you guessed it, Grand Targhee has a fantastic selection of equipment to make your Powder Camp experience even better.
- The last step is easy, check out Grand Targhee’s website and pick the camp dates that work best for you and then call our friendly Ski & Snowboard School team to book.
www.grandtarghee.com 307-353-2300 x1352
See you on the snow!
Ski & Snowboard School Director
Grand Targhee Resort