Saturday, February 22, 2014
Please take this opportunity to raise funds that go directly to breast cancer patients; The Pattie Layser Mary’s Nipple Challenge is Saturday February 22, 2014 from 12-3pm at Grand Targhee Resort. The name of the event has changed this year in memoriam to Pattie Layser who acted as the driving force behind this fundraiser with the assistance of her friends from the Great Old Broads For Wilderness. All funds raised will be donated to the St. John’s Medical Center Oncology Fund and earmarked for breast cancer patients. The Oncology Fund offers financial assistance to cancer patients, helping cover costs of prostheses, travel costs associated with radiation treatments and house cleaning services for patients going through treatment.
Supporters can also purchase Prayer flags and turn Mary’s Pink! Leave a message for a loved one and help raise money for those who will need help at a difficult time. A message flag will be a $25 donation to put a message on one prayer flag or $50 for 3 flags. The prayer flags will be raised up on the top of Mary’s for their messages to be carried on by the wind. A photo will be taken of all the prayer flags and sent to all people who donated to the prayer flag fund.
The Pattie Layser Mary’s Challenge Raffle is off to a great start! There are great raffle prizes from local businesses and more donations are being made every day. Tickets are $5.00 each or five tickets for $20.00; participants do not have to be present to win raffle prizes. Please contact Elaine Simmons if you are interested in donating a gift to the raffle, email@example.com.
Raffle tickets and Prayer flags go on sale February 1st at the Grand Targhee Activity Center, Habitat in Driggs, St. Johns Medical Center and at Broulim’s February 14th & 15th. Thank-you, Teton Valley and the entire St. John’s Medical Center community for your generosity and keep up the good work!
Participants will first gather sponsors, who must commit to either a flat sum donation or a $ per vertical foot. Participants must enter with a minimum $50 donation. Keep track of your donations. All funds raised will be donated to the St. John’s Medical Center Oncology Fund and earmarked for breast cancer patients.
The Main event of the fundraiser is a timed lap challenge on Mary’s Nipple. Mary’s Nipple is an in-bounds peak with advanced intermediate terrain. Skiers and snowboarders will hike up the boot pack to the peak of Mary’s Nipple, and ski or ride back down to the start of the hike to complete a lap. Participants may opt to ski back to the base and take the Dreamcatcher up and traverse to the bootpack. Participants will begin at noon on Saturday, February 22 and the last valid lap must be started by 3 pm at the beginning of the boot pack. The goal is to complete as many laps as possible in the three-hour time-frame. Participants who are interested in less rigorous options may take Dreamcatcher lift laps, or just simply make a donation through our Snowed In for The Cure option, any donation amount is accepted.
All race participants who raise $50 or more will receive a lift ticket to race and a T-shirt. All Snowed in for the cure participants that raise $50 or more will receive a T-shirt
- Option 1 Loops Hike Mary’s Nipple Loop from Base of Mary’s
Fundraising Value: 1.5 laps or 2500 vertical feet
- Option 2 Base of Dreamcatcher Lift to Mary’s Nipple Boot Pack
Fundraising Value: 1.5 laps or 2500 vertical feet
- Option 3 Dreamcatcher Lift Laps
Fundraising Value: 1 lap or 2000 vertical feet
- Option 4 Snowed In for The Cure
Raise money and donate it to the Oncology Fund
- Registration: February 1 - 8:00am Prayer Flags & Raffle Tickets go on sale!
- Event Date: February 22 - 8:30am-12:00pm Registration, bib & lift ticket pick-up
- Race Times: 12:00pm - 3:00pm The Mary's Nipple onMountain Race Event
- Ceremony: 4:00pm Raffle and Awards
- Wrap Up: March 1st is the deadline to submit all pledges and donations to Grand Targhee Resort.
Donations, Pledges & Event Pricing
Donations/ Pledges of $50 or more make you a participant. As a participant you will receive a T-shirt and if you are participating in the race and are not a Season Pass holder you will receive a lift ticket to participate in the race.
- Largest Donations Raised - 2014/2015 season ski pass
- Most Laps Completed - 2014 Bluegrass Festival weekend pass
- Best Custom - 2014 Targhee Fest weekend pass
- More prizes – Smith Optics & Grand Targhee
$25 for 1 / $50 for 3
$5 for 1 / $20 for 5
2014 Raffle Prizes
- One hour of Body Work with Suzanne Arden
- A drift boat ride for two on the Snake River in the Grand Teton National Park complete with a picnic lunch
- 5 private guitar lessons with John Greenwood
- $20 gift certificate to Pendl's
- Dinner Service for 6 in your home by Blixit & Co.'s Lodge staff
- Huntsman Springs round of golf for four people!
- Cynthia Stoetzer commemorative Mary’s Nipple Challenge Mugs
- Guchiebirds Ski Pillow
- A painting by local artist Rosemarie Thomas
- Two growler caddies hand made by Phil Orton
- $250 gift certificate to Yostmark
- A $150 gift certificate to Trio Bistro in Jackson
- Two signed prints by Sandy King
- A quarter sheet cake decorated as desired. Cake delivery date can be arranged
- A $50 gift certificate to Guchiebirds
- $50 gift certificate to MD Nursery
- Yellowstone Leather sheepskin hats: One "Zelda" hat for a woman and one "Geneva" hat for a man
- Yostmark $50 gift certificate
- Teton Springs Resort a one night suite package
- Festive Living $25 gift card
- A super-sized jewelry and junk storage tin hand decorated
- Dayshayoga three yoga class 5 packs
- Peaked Sports $45 Ski Tunes
- Habitat Gear
- Broulim's $25 gift card
- 5 course New Orleans Dinner for 6. All food will be delivered ready to heat up and served
- Dewitt Designs signature Targhee Pillow
- Gifts from local artisans Michelle and Nancie Miller
Name: Andy Williams
Phone: 1 307-353-2300 ext. 1309