Saturday, August 24, 2013
3 Races - 1 Gravity Champion
The Grand Targhee Resort Triple D at The Ghee is slightly different than what you may expect. We're putting together what we feel will be the most exciting downhill experience in the Tetons to close out the fall riding season.
Racers will be timed in 3 separate events - Chainless 'Flow Trails' DH , Downhill Race and Super D Race all in one day on the same bicycle. The racer who has the lowest combined time in all 3 runs will be the Targhee Gravity Champ!
The Targhee Triple D at The Ghee is the brain child of our mountain events coordinator Andy Williams and it is not to be missed! Imagine riding a Downhill run without a chain, then take on one of the longest and hardest DH courses in the area and then stack that time on top of an abbreviation of our Super D race, with an emphasis on descending nearly 4000 feet. We think we might find yourself giddy!
- The race will Start at 10:00am lift opens at 9:00am for practice.
- Day of registration will be from 8:00am-9:30am
- Entry fee - $45 includes a race day lift ticket and race after-party.
- First Place $250 (Men's & Women's)
- Second Place $150 (Men's & Women's)
- Third Place $ 75 (Men's & Women's)
Race Format (remember 1 bike to rule them all)
- Chainless DH - Lower portion of the new flow trail - Bullwinkle
- DH - Mary's saddle, going down Upper Buffalo Drop, Stick's N Stones
- Super D - Grand Traverse to Upper Buffalo Drop, Bullwinkle to base area, ride up PRT road to Lower Stick's N Stones and finish at the base area
Download and fill out the registration and release form and bring with you to registration to save time in the morning of the race.
2012 Enduro MTB Race Poster
Name: Andy Williams
Phone: 1 307-353-2300 ext 1309