Saturday, August 24, 2013
The Triple D Race has been cancelled for this weekend!
We sincerely apologize if you have travelled for this race. There is incredible riding to be had in the Tetons and we'd love it if you still came up to ride the lifts all weekend long!
More details about possible opportunities to have the event to follow.
3 Races - 1 Gravity Champion
The Grand Targhee Resort Triple D at The Ghee is slightly different than what you may expect. We're putting together what we feel will be the most exciting downhill experience in the Tetons to close out the fall riding season.
Racers will be timed in 3 separate events - Chainless 'Flow Trails' DH , Downhill Race and Super D Race all in one day on the same bicycle. The racer who has the lowest combined time in all 3 runs will be the Targhee Gravity Champ!
The Targhee Triple D at The Ghee is the brain child of our mountain events coordinator Andy Williams and it is not to be missed! Imagine riding a Downhill run without a chain, then take on one of the longest and hardest DH courses in the area and then stack that time on top of an shorter Super D. We think we might find yourself giddy!
- The race will Start at 10:00am lift opens at 9:00am for practice.
- Day of registration will be from 8:00am-9:30am
- Entry fee - $45 includes a race day lift ticket and race after-party.
- First Place $250 (Men's & Women's)
- Second Place $150 (Men's & Women's)
- Third Place $ 75 (Men's & Women's)
Race Format (1 bike to rule them all)
- Chainless DH - Otter Slide (ALL NEW Flow Trail)
- Downhill - Lower Stick's N Stones from Teton Vista Traverse Road intersection down to Grand Targhee Resort base area.
- Super D - Upper Buffalo Drop to Rock Chuck intersection (Top of Bullwinkle Trail) then descend Bullwinkle to Targhee base area, ride up PRT to descend lower Sticks N Stones.
Download and fill out the registration and release form and bring with you to registration to save time in the morning of the race.
Name: Andy Williams
Phone: 1 307-353-2300 ext 1309