Sunday, July 29, 2012
Grand Targhee Super D Race Course
View Course Map
Total distance: 13.4 mi
Approx. Total time: 1:30:00
Max speed: 24.3 mi/h
Max elevation: 9812 ft
Min elevation: 6615 ft
Max grade: 6 %
Min grade: -24 %
The final day of the 3rd Annual Wydaho Rendezvous Mountain Bike Festival at Grand Targhee highlight event is the 4700' Super D downhill mountain bike race. Touch descents meet a few tough climbs to decide who can knife the down as well and crush a climb into submission.
The race begins at the top of the 'Ghee on the Grand Traverse from the top of the lift and continue down Buffalo Drop to Sidewinder to the base area. From there you pedal back up the Powder Reserve Traverse (PRT) until you get to the junction of Sticks & Stones. You then you ride down lower Stick's & Stones to the base area where you start up Lightning Ridge Trail. Continue riding up Lightning Loop trail before coming down Colter's Revenge and Mill Creek Trail.
The race is approx. 13 miles with a roughly 4,700' of descent, and 1,300' of ascent.
Registration Is Open
1st Annual Targhee Super D Race: Starting at the top of Grand Targhee Resort spanning 12.5-miles (3.5-miles uphill) and descending 4700 total vertical feet
Super D Day Events Schedule
- 8:00am – 9:00am Super D Check-in & Onsite Registration at Grand Targhee Resort
- 10:00am Grand Targhee Super D Race start with Pro, Advanced, Novice classes
- Bike Demos up at Targhee from Rocky Mountain, Breezer and more!
- 9:00am Morning Group Rides with shop representatives and clinicians (See Ride Schedule for Departures)
- 12:00pm Grand Targhee Group Rides begin at Grand Targhee Resort Ticket Booth
- 12:00pm - 3:00pm Live Music & BBQ at Grand Targhee Resort
- 1:30pm 5050 BMX Quarter Pipe Exhibition at Grand Targhee Resort
- 2:15pm Race results and awards at Grand Targhee Resort
SRAM, Snake River Brewing, Grand Targhee Resort, Wells Fargo, Teton County Chamber of Commerce and VisitIdaho.org
Bicycle Shop Partners
Fitzgerald’s Bicycles | Peaked Sports | Habitat High Mountain Provisions
Name: Andy Williams
Phone: 1 307-353-2300 ext 1309