Thursday - Sunday, Aug 22 - 25, 2013
Hands on training to conduct beginner - intermediate level coaching, and preparation for leading group rides or MTB guiding in the backcountry. Hosted by Grand Targhee Resort www.grandtarghee.com.
All details about the IMBA Level 2 Instructor Certification Course can be found on the IMBA website.
When August 22nd, 2013 5:00pm - August 25th, 2013 5:00pm
Course Length 3.25 days / (28 Hrs)
More Info IMBA Course Information
Course Fee $697 USD (Current IMBA member rate)
Location Grand Targhee Resort 3300 E. Ski Hill Road Alta, WY 83414
Completion of the course with passing two practical exams and the written test will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
- Provide mountain bike instruction on basic bike handling skills
- Provide private instruction for beginner and intermediate level riders through clinics, camps, events
- Provide appropriate basic bike set-up recommendations
- Support IMBA-ICP Instructor Trainers at Clinics / Camps / Events
Medical Qualifications Basic First Aid and CPR
Skills Neutral and Ready Positions, Bike/Body Separation, Braking, Shifting, Turning, Climbing, and more.
Technical Qualifications 5+ years mountain biking experience, good communication and personable skills, passionate about riding and a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely.
Ride Guide certification is not required. Level 2 certification courses will cover the material for being a Ride Guide in addition to a Basic Skills Instructor.
Please review all LEVEL 2 course prerequisites and complete the IMBA list of skills
|Level 2 Certification Course ($697 for current IMBA US members)
* Cancellation Policy A partial refund will be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days prior to course date. Full refunds 22 days or more and no refunds 13 days or less before course start date.
* If traveling 100 miles+ check out our travel insurance www.IMBAHealthPlans.comIMBA Travel Insurance.
- Go to IMBA's Insurance Pageto obtain mountain bike instructor insurance.
- A manual is included in the course fee.
- Thursday's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
- Friday-Sunday are 9-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
- A detailed schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
Teton Valley Lodging & Camping
32 slopeside suites featuring contemporary western design.
Affordable slopeside lodging offering comfortable rooms for travelers on a budget.
Charming mountain lodge offering 46 slopeside hotel rooms, each with 2 queen beds.
Well equipped condominiums and townhomes just 8.5 miles from Grand Targhee Resort.
Deluxe town-homes 11 miles from Grand Targhee Resort.
Referred to as Teton Creek Townhomes, these deluxe one-story, two bedroom homes on stand alone private lots, just 8.5 miles from the resort. More Info
Teton Valley Area Motels & Hotels
Teton Valley Area Camping
Teton Valley has significant USFS camping options, however the areas summer destination travel often causes camping to fill up quickly.
Name: Andy Williams
Phone: 1 307-353-2300 ext. 1309