Grand Targhee Resort Announces Plans for Opening of the 2011-2012 Winter Season
(Alta, WY – November 21, 2011) Grand Targhee Resort will open for its 42nd winter ski season on Friday, November 25 with the Shoshone Chairlift and the Papoose Conveyor. Lifts will run from 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
Grand Targhee has received over 78 inches of snow since the beginning of October, a few weeks of warm weather coupled a few wind events and the moisture content of the snow from this last storm cycle prevent Grand Targhee from opening the upper mountain at this time. Additional lifts and terrain will open as soon as Grand Targhee receives additional snowfall and conditions allow.
Lift Ticket pricing and Special Promotion:
Grand Targhee Resort will offer a reduced lift ticket rate of $49 for full day and $39 for half day for access to Shoshone and the Papoose Conveyor. Anyone wishing to donate $5 or more to the “Benefit for Leon (Slim) Weston” fund or donating two canned goods to the local Teton Valley Foodbank will receive $10 OFF their ticket purchase making their tickets $39 for a full day and $29 for a half day until additional terrain opens. Donations will be accepted at the Activities Center.
Season Pass Processing and Pick-up:
Season passes will be available for pick-up in the Activities Center, with the Activities Center opening at 8:00am on Friday. All passholders will be receiving new passes this year. All passholders who previously picked-up their passes this summer will be issued a new pass and there will be a season pass Will-Call tent located outside the Activities Center with those passes pre-printed. All passholders who have not previously picked-up their passes will need to go inside the Activities Center to get their pictures taken and passes processed. You will not be able to access the lifts or mountain without your new pass, make sure you stop-by the Activities Center to get your new pass.
Mountain & Nordic Operations:
Back after a few years? hiatus, The GTR Terrain Park will open with several features for all freeriders to get their jib on. Ski & Snowboard School, Pre-School Ski School and all retail and rental will operated on a normal schedule.
Nordic track in Rick's Basin will open partially on Friday. Most of the track has good snow conditions but there will be some occasional thin spots. No classic track will be set, please check-in at the Activities Center or Ski & Snowboard School for the most up-to-date Nordic conditions and map.
Food &Beverage Operations:
Grand Targhee Resort restaurants will operate on the following schedule until further notice:
- Snorkels 7:00 am to 2:00 pm daily
- Wild Bills 11:00 am to 4:00 pm Friday, Sat. & Sun opening weekend then closed mid-week until Dec 9
- Trap Bar 11:00 am to 5:00 pm daily
- Branding Iron 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm daily
- General Store 8:00 am to 5:30 pm daily
Grand Targhee lodging will be open as early as Thursday night for those ready to get a jump on first chair. Special lodging packages are available. Lodging reservations can be made by calling 800-827-4433 or on-line at GrandTarghee.com.
Targhee-Driggs Local Shuttle:
The Shuttle between Driggs and Grand Targhee will begin operations on Friday, November 25, for full shuttle schedule and rates visit GrandTarghee.com.
Additional Events for Opening Weekend:
- Trap Bar:
- November 25 - Opening Party with „Salem?. 4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. Free!
- November 26 - Après Ski Music with „Salem?. 3:00p.m. – 6:00p.m. Free!
- Branding Iron Grill:
- November 24 - Traditional Turkey Dinner. 3:00p.m. – 8:00p.m.
- The Black Friday sale at Habitat will include 10% off retail prices (15% for GTR passholders) throughout the store.
Season Passholder Opening Weekend Celebration Specials:
- 5% off at Habitat, Teton Mountain Outfitters & Fred?s Board Shop Soft Goods
- 2-for-1 “Quick Tunes” at the On Mountain Targhee Repair Shop
- Snorkel’s Coffee House & Bistro: Breakfast Burrito and House Coffee for $4
- General Store: $3 Hot Dog and Fountain Drink (limit one order per person)
- Wild Bill’s Canteen: $1 Slice of Pizza from 11-3 (limit three slices per person)
- Trap Bar & Grill: $2 Targhee Deep Powder Golden Pale Ale from Grand Teton Brewing Co. Must be 21
- Trap Bar & Grill: $3 Fresh Salted Tortilla Chips with Hot Creamy Queso Dip
- Trap Bar & Grill: Free Music By Salem for Apres Ski
- Ski School:
- 20% off for passholders + family & friends Group Lesson opening weekend ONLY
- 30% off In-Town Vacation Rentals all season long if you book by 12/22/2011.
A Great option for Family and Friends coming in for the holidays as long as reservation is made by the passholder.
Grand Targhee Resort is a year round mountain resort situated on the western slope of the Tetons in Alta, Wyoming, accessible only through Teton Valley, Idaho. Tucked among spectacular Teton views and national forest land, Grand Targhee is an intimate summer getaway for adventure-seekers, with miles of lift-accessed hiking, running and mountain biking trails, renowned music festivals and a variety of activities in a pristine high alpine environment. During the winter, the abundance of light powder snow (more than 500 inches annually) and virtual lack of lift lines creates an uncrowded skier and snowboarder paradise, continually recognized for great snow, genuine western hospitality, scenic beauty and excellent value. A leader in environmental resort practices, Grand Targhee Resort has twice been honored with the prestigious Golden Eagle Award for Environmental Excellence, most recently in 2011. For more information, please visit our website at www.GrandTarghee.com