Professional Ski and Board Tuning & Custom Boot Fitting Services
Skis feeling sticky? Board needing an edge sharpening? Stop by the Pro Tune Shop in the lower level of Rendezvous lodge to get your equipment repaired by our ski & snowboard technicians! Grand Targhee Resort technicians provide the areas most professionally equipped full-service equipment fixes and enhancements.
Pro Tune Shop Hours
Open Daily from 8:30am - 5:00pm
Pro Tune Shop Rates
|Repair Shop Rates
|Major Ski/Snowboard Tune
Includes: base repair, sanding, base structuring, side edge file & hot wax
|Minor Ski/Snowboard Tune
Includes: base repair, sanding, side edge file & hot wax
|Quick Ski/Snowboard Tune
Includes: Structure pass, side edge file & hot wax
|Iron on Hot Wax
Includes: Alpine, telemark & cross-country bindings
|Snowboard binding adjustments
|Electronic Binding Test (ASTM)
Require for any binding adjustment
*$25 with a Pro Shop purchase of skis and bindings
Precision Custom Boot Fitting
Do Your Feet hurt? Are Your Toes Cold? Get in Here!
The boot fitters at Teton Mountain Outfitters feel that ski boots don’t have to hurt. Our staff of Professional Boot Fitters have years of experience and guarantee 100% of our work. How do we guarantee our work, we'll work with you until your boots have racing performance and slipper comfort.
Intuition Custom Ski & Snowboard Liners
We specialize in Intuition custom liner sales and fitting. Intuition provides several of the lightest and warmest ski boot liners available in varied levels of comfort, performance and in a Men's and Woman's cuff. Feel free to give us a call and set up an appointment with any of our boot fitters. Whether it’s ski or snowboard, mountaineering there is an Intuition liner that can enhance comfort and performance. The Intuition Ultralon Foam used exclusively in all Intuition liners will ensure feet are kept warm, comfortable and happy.
We Care About Your Ski Experience
Perfect tuning means adjusting the performance of your skis or board to your own skiing skills. Simply tell the service technician what style of skiing or boarding you prefer, which terrain you enjoy most and whatever else is important to you on the slopes. Once he has this information, he can ensure that your equipment is perfectly tuned to match your style!
- 1. Inspection. Top surface, base and edges are wiped clean to remove any dirt. Then your skis and board are checked for damage.
- 2. Base repair. Finally all nicks, gouges or holes are filled with base repair material.
- 3. Base grinding. Now the entire base is ground and tiny incisions are made in the process. As a result, the base is able to absorb more wax. Furthermore, the structures forming in the process are the best method of preventing suction and friction between base and snow. The result: Your skis and board glide better and perform the transition from edge to edge with greater ease. As you‘re probably already aware, different temperatures and snow conditions require different structures. Your technician will know exactly which to recommend.
- 4. Edge grinding. Depending on the performance you expect from your sports equipment, the edges will be beveled between 0 and 3 degrees. The revolutionary WINTERSTEIGER Finish ensures a precise edge. Look forward to maximum turning ability and perfect grip on the slopes.
- 5. Waxing. The last step in tuning is the application of hot wax. It impregnates the base, protects against damage and improves the gliding and turning properties of your sports equipment.
Grand Targhee Resort offers the highest quality tune available in part due to using the the finest Wintersteiger Ski & Board tuning equipment. We further our commitment to a sustainable environment through the use of our go to wax of choice, Purl Waxes. We are very happy to offer a professional hot wax designed for specific Teton weather conditions.
WINTERSTEIGER Recommended Tuning
- 1. Prior to the first outing in winter
- 2. About every 4 days out on the slopes
- 3. And at the end of the season.
- 4. Major base or edge damage should be repaired immediately.
Regular Maintenance Measures For Your Skis and Board
- 1. Clean and dry the base and edges after every day‘s skiing.
- 2. Use hot wax frequently to protect the base.
- 3. Any damage should be repaired immediately.
- 4. Store your skis and board in a cool, dry place.
Tuning and a thick layer of wax at the end of the season will keep your sports equipment in top condition for the next winter season.
Wintersteiger Tuning Equipment
Wintersteiger Tuning Equipment, stonegrind and tuning machines offer the state-of-the-art precision and performance.
More info at: Wintersteiger.com