Nature Center Hours
Daily 9:30am - 4:00pm - 7 days week
Grand Targhee’s Nature Center is located between the Ski School and Kid’s Club cabins.
Have you ever wondered
- Who manages the land we recreate on?
- What type of trees there are?
- What types of animals live here and how they survive winter?
- Why does Grand Targhee get so much snow?
- How did the Tetons come to be?
- Visit with one of our Resort Naturalists and find out!
Targhee’s Environmental Program educates the public about the ecology and conservation of our unique alpine environment and to advocate the stewardship of Grand Targhee for recreation, healthy forests and wildlife habitat. Our Naturalist programs provide an alternative recreation activity at the resort and strive to inspire guests to become involved in the conservation of our environment, and learn about our special Ghee-cology*!
Ghee-cology – the relations and interactions between organisms, people, and Grand Targhee’s environment.