- This event has passed.
USMMA Ski Mountaineering Classic
The Grand Targhee 2015 Ski Mountaineering Classic courses are both located inside the Grand Targhee ski area. The fast racers should complete the course in 2 hours.
- Date: January 10, 2015
- Start Time: 9:00am, Targhee Main Plaza
- Event Location: Targhee Main Plaza
- Course Overview: Up Fred’s and Peaked Mountains Loop – View Download Race Map
- Online Registration: TBD
- Online Entry Fee: $40.00
- Day-Of Registration Fee: $50.00
- Registration & Bib Pick-up: 7:30am-8:30am Targhee Main Plaza
- Race awards following race conclusion at race finish line.
Discounted Lift Tickets: Discounted lift tickets will be available.
Discounted Lodging: A 20% off discounted lodging rate is available for racers. Call 800-TARGHEE (827-4433) and mention you are with the “Randonnee Race.”
- Men’s Race Division / Women’s Race Division
- Men’s Heavy Metal / Women’s Heavy Metal
- Men’s Recreation / Women’s Recreation
Important Race Information
The Race division will have 5000’ of climbing and the recreation division will have 3000’ of climbing.
All racers must have the following items to compete
- All racers must wear a helmet.
- An active beacon operating in the 457 MHz frequency.
- An avalanche probe of at least 190 centimeters.
- Probe poles are acceptable – rec class only.
- Safety straps or ski leashes as required in the ski areas.
- Mountain Ascention skins.
- A commercially-made snow shovel – rec class.
- no snow claws in race division.
- Wind breaker jacket.