- This event has passed.
Freeheel Life Cup 2018
The best Telemark skiers will be competing on steep slopes of Peaked Mountain. Tele Big Mountain Freeriders are scored based on line choice, fluidity, technique, control, and style as they navigate through natural terrain featuring trees, steeps, cliffs, chutes, drops and gullies where they are rewarded for using the features creatively. Showcasing their skills in the steeps of Reliable and Bobcat, this next generation of rippers are redefining the sport of Freeride Telemarking.
Bringing it all together is a free event, the 4th Annual World Telemark Day Celebration at the base area of Grand Targhee Resort. March 1-4, 2018 will prove to be the center of the telemark universe. A vendor village will be set up at the base area and demos and clinics will be available on both Saturday and Sunday.
World Telemark Day
- A Mob Telemark run is planned for Sunday.
- More information will be available at Telemark Skier Magazine and at USTSA.
- Sponsors – US Telemark, GTR, Freeheel Life, 22 Designs, Bishop Telemark, Telemark Skier, SMITH Optics, Camelbak
- 5:00pm – Junior Freeskiing athlete meeting
- 7:30-8:00am – Junior Freeskiing athlete meeting
- 8:00am – Junior Freeskiing athlete early load to inspect
- 10:00am-3:00pm – Juniors Freeskiing Competition Qualifier Round (one run)
- 4:00pm – Junior Freeskiing athlete meeting
- 5:00pm – Adult Freeskiing athlete meeting
- 7:30-8:00am – Adult Freeskiing athlete meeting
- 8:00am – Adult Freeskiing athlete early load to inspect
- 10:00am-3:00pm – Adult Freeskiing Competition Qualifier Round (two runs)
- 4:00pm – Adult Freeskiing athlete meeting
- 7:30-8:00am – Freeskiing Finals athlete meeting
- 8:00am – Freeskiing Finals athlete early load to inspect
- 10:00am-3:00pm – Freeskiing Finals Competition
- 4:30pm – Awards for Freeskiing Competition
- 5:30pm – Pizza Party
- 6:30pm – World Telemark Day Party w/ Apres at Trap Bar
- Weather day if needed