- This event has passed.
Targhee Cup – Adult Race League
February 20, 2020 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Come race your friends, neighbors, or co-workers! Join us on four Thursdays over the next month for racing through gates and raising money for the Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation.
Both the Grand Targhee Resort and TVSEF waiver must be signed by all members of the team.
Giant Slalom, Slalom (Two Runs)
$550 per team, Make check payable to TVSEF. Teams of 6, top 3 racers count for scoring.
- Each team can have up to 6 members of which 1 must be of the opposite gender.
- Each team can have up to 2 alternates (substitutes) if an original member cannot attend. The alternate must ski under the original member’s name.
- Only 6 members can be scored per event. If a racer is injured, they may be replaced for the remainder of the season.
- Every competitor will get 2 runs between 2-4pm. The combined time will be scored.
- Competitors must check-in with starter prior to running course.
- Hiking is allowed in course and time will count as long as passage is ensured.
- Helmets must be worn while running the race course.
- Inspection (side slip) from 1:30-2:00pm (optional)
- WAIVERS MUST BE FILLED OUT for each COMPETITOR. You must fill out a TVSEF as well as a Grand Targhee Waiver
- Each racer will be assigned points descending from 10-1, beginning with 10 for first place. After every 10 the points “restart” with 10. (i.e. a racer finishing 11th, 21st, 31st, etc. gets the same points as 1st, and so on..)
- The best 4 of the up to 6 point-scoring-racers will be used for each team’s weekly score using the assigned point system described above.
- DNF and DQs will result in a score of zero.
- Hiking is permitted, and as long as proper passage is made the time will post.
- Each team will receive a total score for each race which will count toward the overall series results.
- Should any two teams within the top three overall tie in points, the following method will be used to break the tie: the fifth pointed team result within each race will be added to each race’s calculation for a new, overall point total.
- The team with the higher amount of points wins. Should the teams still tie, the sixth pointed team result within each race will be added to each race calculation.
- Should the teams STILL tie, then it’s destiny. The winner will be decided by rock, paper, scissors! Seriously, we’ll discuss at that time.
- Results will be posted to the website following each race.
- Cumulative points for the entire series by the team will be used to determine winners.
1:30 – 2:00 pm
2:00pm – 4:00pm
Awards – march 5, 2019
- $200 Cash Prize for 1st Place
- $100 Cash Prize for 2nd Place
- $50 Cash Prize for 3rd Place