Shred the Love Fundraiser with B4BC
We’re teaming up with Boarding for Breast Cancer and their Shred the Love Series on March 7! We’ll host a Silent Auction and Art Show featuring local artists, the Pink Poker Run and more! Join us and show your support for Boarding for Breast Cancer.
About Shred the Love and Boarding for Breast Cancer
Since 1998, B4BC has been hosting grassroots prevention events in partnership with local mountains. The goal of the Shred the Love series is to promote a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention while raising funds for education, prevention, and survivorship programs. B4BC partners with mountain resorts nationwide to host board-a-thons, rail jams, banked slaloms and more. Winter enthusiasts and local communities join together to spread awareness and honor friends and family affected by breast cancer. Throughout the 2019-20 winter season, they’re hitting the road to visit 9 mountains across the country in order to *stomp* out breast cancer, visiting Grand Targhee Resort March 7, 2020.
Grand Targhee B4BC Shred the Love Event Schedule
|March 6, 2020|
|5:00pm-7:00pm||Art Show & Silent Auction featuring local artists and a beer and wine cash bar||Habitat High Altitude Provisions in Driggs|
March 7, 2020
|9:00am-11:00am||Poker Run Registration||Plaza|
|11:00am-2:00pm||Poker Run – 5 stops – on Mountain Event – see description below||On Mountain|
|2:15pm||B4BC Poker Run Awards||B4BC Tent|
|3:00pm||B4BC Tribute Ride (extra poker card to participants!)||B4BC Tent|
|3:45pm||Huge Raffle and Auction||B4BC Tent|
Art Show at Habitat in Driggs
Looking for a fun way to give back and support the Board for Breast Cancer foundation? Local artists are too! Join us from 5:00pm – 7:00pm in the upstairs portion of Rendezvous Lodge for an art show, a silent auction, and an Après and Paint interactive event.
Each artist will be contributing a piece of their own to the silent auction and all proceeds raised during the auction will go to Board for Breast Cancer. The artists will have display booths as well for you to view. Don’t forget to enjoy the apres provided by Grand Targhee, including a beer and wine cash bar and music.
Pink Poker Run
Register, grab a teammate and pick up a map showing the location of 5 different stops. You will draw 1 card at each checkpoint. You must get to the finish with your complete hand. You will also have the option to purchase 1 wild card for an additional $5 at the start/finish line.
The latest possible return time is 2:00 pm. The first team to the finish receives a wildcard to put towards their hand. Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony around 3:30ish at the registration tent. You must be present to win the amazing prizes! There will be first, second and third place winners as well as an award given for best costume.
Cost: $25 Per person
Registration coming soon
- TBA – just before the event kicks off
Ante Up!! Poker Element – Extra Card:
- 1 card for $5 card from the B4BC Tent
Mandatory Meeting: It’s complicated! All participants must meet at 10:45am at the registration tent
Here is your cheat sheet…
- High Card: In a poker hand with no winning combinations of cards, the high card wins. That card is determined by the ranking above.
- One Pair: Two cards of the same value with three extra cards that do not combine in any desirable way.
- Two Pair: Two pairs of cards with the same value each pair having a different value. One extra card is present.
- Three of a Kind: Three cards of the same value with the remaining two cards not combining in any desirable way.
- Straight: Five cards of sequential value and differing “suits” (spades, clubs, hearts or diamonds).
- Flush: Five cards of the same suit that are not all sequential.
- Full House: Three cards of one value, and two cards of another value.
- Four of a Kind: Four cards of the same value with one extra card present.
- Straight Flush: Five sequential cards of the same suit.
- Royal Flush: A Straight Flush that consists of the five highest value cards, 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace.