- This event has passed.
4th Annual Teton Surf Classic
The 2022 Teton Surf Classic has been canceled. We have made this difficult decision due to the lack of snowfall, limited precipitation in the forecast, and staffing shortages in our grooming and terrain park departments. Due to the time and workforce required to create the event venue, we cannot delay this decision. Every spring, we look forward to this event, so needless to say, we are disappointed. We plan to host the Teton Surf Classic again in the Spring of 2023 and hope to see you there.
Turn, pump, glide, slash and ride. The 2021 Teton Surf Classic blew the doors off exceeding all expectations. This year we’re turning up the heat as the Park Crew resets the North Pole Terrain Park for another surf/skate-inspired, snowboard-only event scheduled to run March 26, 2022. The event snowboard demo will also be taking place on Saturday. Bring your A-game for only the riders who can work transitions, carry speed, and ride with style and flow will reach the podium.
Participants are eligible for a lodging discount with Grand Targhee. Call reservations at 307-353-2300 ext 1800 to book.
The Teton Surf Classic is a benefit for The Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation (TVSEF).
- Groms – 12 and Under
- Teens – 13-17
- Amateurs – 18-39
- Masters – 40+
- Families – Parent(s) + Kid(s)
- Professional Riders
- ALL COMPETITORS MUST WEAR HELMETS – NO EXCEPTIONS
8:00am – Registration, Check-In at Tent in Plaza, Raffles Sales
9:00am – North Shore Park Open for Inspection
10:00am – Competitors Meeting at bottom of the park
10:30am – Competition Begins
1:00pm – Competition Ends for Groms, Teens, Amateurs, Masters, and Families
1:15pm – Pro Only Session Begins
2:45pm – Pro Only Session Ends
3:00pm – Head to the Trap Deck. Enjoy music and drink specials from Sierra Nevada.
3:45pm – Awards
4:15pm – Raffle including Snowboards, Outerwear, Bindings, Boots, Meals, Goods and Services from Local Merchants, and more. – Prizes will be predrawn, participants must pick up their prizes by 4:15pm.
event format and judging
Your score is judged on your overall impression for the day.
- Turns – Are you skidding or carving? We want to see powerful top to bottom turns. Show us some awesome heelside bottom turns and powerful lip smacks.
- Speed – Can you carry speed and maximize each feature’s potential?
- Flow / Style – Smooth it out now. Throw in that soul arch as you trim down the line.
- Line Selection / Creativity – Show off your interpretation of the terrain. Look for fun transfers, lines, and, features to set yourself apart.
- Slashes – We all love a good power hack. How high can you make the slush fly?
- Air – Show us your stylie grabs and tweaks.