- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT – Teton Surf Classic
First- Gorringe, Naomi
Second- Curtis, Nahli
Third- Moncur, Leilana
First- Hawkins, Henry
Second- Schmillen, Enzo
Third- Ricks, Ronin
First- Gilbert, Olive
First- Shaw, Benji
Second- Moncur, Deegan
Third- Parisee, Spencer
First- Gauer, Marie
Second- Harper, Jessica
Third- Stader, Jasmine
First- Herfurth, Michael
Second- Doyle, Eric
Third- Winston, Julian
First- Rose, Kyle
Second- Brown, Jason
Third- Bowers, Matthew
First- Kesterson, Olivia
Second- Bouchard, Shae
Third- Brown, Camila
First- Lee, Cody
Second- Jack Hessler
Third- Lavold, Paul
Turn, pump, glide, slash and ride. The 2019 Teton Surf Classic blew the doors off exceeding all expectations. This year we’re turning up the heat as the Park Crew resets the North Pole Terrain Park for another surf/skate-inspired, snowboard-only event scheduled to run March 27, 2021. The event snowboard demo will also be taking place on Saturday. Bring your A-game for only the riders who can work transitions, carry speed, and ride with style and flow will reach the podium.
The Teton Surf Classic is a benefit for The Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation (TVSEF).
- Groms – 12 and Under
- Teens – 13-17
- Amateurs – 18-39
- Masters – 40+
- Families – Parent(s) + Kid(s)
- Professional Riders
- ALL COMPETITORS MUST WEAR HELMETS – NO EXCEPTIONS
8:00am – Registration, Check-In at Tent in Plaza, Raffles Sales
9:00am – North Shore Park Open for Inspection
10:00am – Competitors Meeting at bottom of the park
10:30am – Competition Begins
1:00pm – Competition Ends for Groms, Teens, Amateurs, Masters, and Families
1:15pm – Pro Only Session Begins
2:45pm – Pro Only Session Ends
3:00pm – Head to the Trap Deck. Enjoy music and drink specials from Sierra Nevada.
3:45pm – Awards
4:15pm – Raffle including Snowboards, Outerwear, Bindings, Boots, Meals, Goods and Services from Local Merchants, and more. – Prizes will be predrawn, participants must pick up their prizes by 4:15pm.
event format and judging
Your score is judged on your overall impression for the day.
- Turns – Are you skidding or carving? We want to see powerful top to bottom turns. Show us some awesome heelside bottom turns and powerful lip smacks.
- Speed – Can you carry speed and maximize each feature’s potential?
- Flow / Style – Smooth it out now. Throw in that soul arch as you trim down the line.
- Line Selection / Creativity – Show off your interpretation of the terrain. Look for fun transfers, lines, and, features to set yourself apart.
- Slashes – We all love a good power hack. How high can you make the slush fly?
- Air – Show us your stylie grabs and tweaks.