Teton Surf Classic
Turn, pump, glide, slash and ride. The 2019 Teton Surf Classic blew the doors off exceeding all expectations. This year we’re turning up the heat as the Park Crew resets the North Pole Terrain Park for another surf/skate-inspired, snowboard-only event scheduled to run March 27, 2021. The event snowboard demo will also be taking place on Saturday. Bring your A-game for only the riders who can work transitions, carry speed, and ride with style and flow will reach the podium.
The Teton Surf Classic is a benefit for The Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation (TVSEF).
- $45 before March 1
- $60 after March 1
- Groms – 12 and Under
- Teens – 13-17
- Amateurs – 18-39
- Masters – 40+
- Families – Parent(s) + Kid(s)
- Professional Riders
- ALL COMPETITORS MUST WEAR HELMETS – NO EXCEPTIONS
8:00am – Registration, Check-In at Tent in Plaza, Raffles Sales
9:00am – North Shore Park Open for Inspection
10:00am – Competitors Meeting at bottom of the park
10:30am – Competition Begins
1:00pm – Competition Ends for Groms, Teens, Amateurs, Masters, and Families
1:15pm – Pro Only Session Begins
2:45pm – Pro Only Session Ends
3:00pm – Gather on Trap Bar Deck for Pacifico / Sloshie Bar and Raffle Sales
3:45pm – Awards
4:00pm – Raffle including Snowboards, Outerwear, Bindings, Boots, Meals, Goods and Services from Local Merchants, and more.
event format and judging
Your score is judged on your overall impression for the day.
- Turns – Are you skidding or carving? We want to see powerful top to bottom turns. Show us some awesome heelside bottom turns and powerful lip smacks.
- Speed – Can you carry speed and maximize each feature’s potential?
- Flow / Style – Smooth it out now. Throw in that soul arch as you trim down the line.
- Line Selection / Creativity – Show off your interpretation of the terrain. Look for fun transfers, lines, and, features to set yourself apart.
- Slashes – We all love a good power hack. How high can you make the slush fly?
- Air – Show us your stylie grabs and tweaks.