- This event has passed.
Canceled – 3rd Annual Teton Surf Classic
March 28, 2020 9:00am - 4:00pm | $45
Poster Artwork: Cy Whitling
It's all about style
Turn, pump, glide, slash and ride transition. The 2019 Teton Surf Classic blew the doors off and exceeded all expectations. This year we’re turning up the heat as the Park Crew resets the North Pole Terrain Park for another surf/skate-inspired, snowboard-only event scheduled to run March 28, 2020. Bring your A-game, riders who can work transition, carry speed, and ride with style and flow will reach the podium.
The Teton Surf Classic is a benefit for The Teton Valley Ski Education Foundation (TVSEF).
- Groms – 12 and Under
- Teens – 13-17
- Amateurs – 18-39
- Masters – 40+
- Families – Parent(s) + Kid(s)
- Professional Riders
- ALL COMPETITORS MUST WEAR HELMETS – NO EXCEPTIONS
8:00am – Registration, Check-In at Tent in Plaza, Raffles Sales
9:00am – North Shore Park Open for Inspection
10:00am – Competitors Meeting at bottom of the park
10:30am – Competition Begins
1:00pm – Competition Ends for Groms, Teens, Amateurs, Masters, and Families
1:15pm – Pro Only Session Begins
2:45pm – Pro Only Session Ends
3:00pm – Gather on Trap Bar Deck for Pacifico / Sloshie Bar and Raffle Sales
3:45pm – Awards
4:00pm – Raffle including Snowboards, Outerwear, Bindings, Meals, Goods and Services from Local Merchants, and the grand prize trip to Nemberala Beach Resort on Rote Island in Indonesia. (Airfare is not included)
event format and Judging
Your score is judged on your overall impression for the day.
- Turns – Are you skidding or carving? We want to see powerful top to bottom turns. Show us some awesome heelside bottom turns and powerful lip smacks.
- Speed – Can you carry speed and maximize each feature’s potential?
- Flow / Style – Smooth it out now. Throw in that soul arch as you trim down the line.
- Line Selection / Creativity – Show off your interpretation of the terrain. Look for fun transfers, lines, and, features to set yourself apart.
- Slashes – We all love a good power hack. How high can you make the slush fly?
- Air – Show us your stylie grabs and tweaks.
THANK YOU TO OUR TSC sponsors!
Nemberala beach resort
Located on Rote Island in southern Indonesia, this newly renovated resort caters to surfers, fisherman and their families. This outer island paradise is certain to appeal to all types of adventure and vacation travelers.
For 2020 the good folks at Nemberala Beach Resort have offered the following trip to be raffled off at the event:
- 7 days and nights accommodation for 2 people- 1 room
- Full use of all resort facilities
- 4 meals a day
- Tea, Coffee, Water
- Surf transfers to all breaks within local area – 25 minutes by boat or vehicle
- Round trip from Ba’a Rote ( we will pick up at airport or ferry at Ba’a )
- All surfboards, SUP, and bicycle use
- Space available ( winner will work with Waterway Travel for travel in 2019 )
- Retail Value $3,000
- — Airfare is not included —