Mountain Biker’s Responsibility Code
Mountain biking involves the risk of serious injury or death. Your knowledge, decisions, and actions contribute to your safety and that of others.
- Stay In Control. You’re responsible for avoiding objects and people.
- Know Your Limits. Ride within your ability. Start small and work your way up.
- Protect Yourself. Use an appropriate bike, helmet, and protective equipment.
- Inspect and Maintain Your Equipment. Know your components and their operation prior to riding.
- Be Lift Smart. Know how to load, ride, and unload lifts safely. Ask is you need help.
- Inspect The Trails and Features. Conditions change constantly; plan and adjust your riding accordingly.
- Obey Signs And Warnings. Stay on marked trails only. Keep off closed trails and features. Ride in the direction indicated.
- Be Visible. Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, feature, landing, or are not visible.
- Look And Yield To Others. Look both ways and yield when entering or crossing a road or trail. When overtaking, use caution and yield to those ahead.
- Cooperate. If involved in or witness to an incident, identify yourself to staff