Grand Targhee Summer Camp
Grand Targhee Summer Camp
Monday – Friday June 18, 2018 – August 31, 2018 | 9:00am – 4:30pm
Grand Targhee Summer Camps are designed to keep your children active and learning this summer. Daily activities include swimming lessons, horse education with a short ride with wranglers from Haviland’s Outfitters, disc golf, biking instruction, arts and crafts, music, chair lift rides, bungee trampoline, climbing wall, hiking, Gheecology (nature study of Grand Targhee), group games and more. Sign up for daily, monthly or a punch pack for camp. (Camp will closed for the July 4th holiday.)
Advance Reservations are required 307.353.2300 ext.1 for additional info and reservations.
- 9:30 – 10:30: Monday – Thursday Nature Time with the Resort Naturalist. Learn about the flora, fauna, wildlife, and geology of the area
- 10:30 – 11:00: Snack time
- 11:00 – 12:00: Monday, Wednesday & Friday: Beginner/Novice Mountain Biking Instruction
- 11:00 – 12:00: Tuesday & Thursday Horse Education and ride for ages 5-8. Arts and crafts, local guest speaker, outdoor games, and more
- 12:00 – 1:00: Lunch and free time (Lunches are not provided, please send a lunch with your child/children)
- 1:00 – 2:15: Swim time – 30 min lessons
- 2:15 – 3:15: Monday, Wednesday and Friday Intermediate/Advanced Mountain Biking Instruction
- 2:15 – 3:15: Tuesday & Thursday Horse Education and ride for ages 9-12. Arts and crafts, local guest speaker, outdoor games, and more
- 3:15 – 3:30: Snack time
- 3:30 – 4:30: Group time; clean up and get on the shuttle
- 4:45 – 5:00: Drop off to parents at the Alta School and City Center
Teton Raptor Center Days
Live raptors just a few feet away is an exciting experience students never forget! Three live raptors are brought to each of our classroom visits along with a learning touch table of raptor related objects. These classroom visits are designed to allow students to experience an up-close learning adventure that is tailored to their age, understanding, and current learning objectives. Discussion topics may include traits of raptors, adaptations of diurnal and nocturnal raptors, fables and stories about raptors, local birds of prey, predator and prey relationships in a food chain, conservation trends relating to raptors, falconry and much more.
- Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Thursday, July 19, 2018
Free Daily Shuttle
- 8:30am – 8:45am – Summer Camp Shuttle Pickup at the City Center (Driggs) and Alta Elementary (Alta, WY, off Ski Hill Rd.)
- 4:45pm – 5:00pm – Summer Camp Shuttle Drop Off at Alta Elementary (Alta, WY, off Ski Hill Rd.) and the City Center (Driggs)
- On Bike Days, Pick Ups and Drop Offs take longer.
Summer Camp Mountain Bike Program
Grab your helmet, water bottle, and bike, and join us for another summer of shredding dirt on Targhee’s legendary single-track trails! We’re excited to offer Mountain Biking 3 days a week, coached by Grand Targhee’s skilled and enthusiastic instructors. The program is designed for both new and experienced riders alike and will focus on safety, fundamental skills and progression, trail stewardship, fun and adventure. Little ones new to the sport will love the adventure of trail riding while more experienced riders will enjoy taking it to the next level!
Campers will be grouped by ability so that instruction is differentiated to better meet their needs. We will offer a Level 1 and a Level 2 ride each day with appropriate skill progression presented relative to experience.
- Body & Eye Position
- Body & Bike Separation
- Riding Bridges & Obstacles
- Trail Stewardship
- Basic Bike Maintenance
*Campers are welcome to bring their own bikes; however, we highly recommend that kids ride bikes on trails with hand breaks and gears for safety purposes.
*For trail rides kids must know how and be comfortable riding a 2-wheel bike without training wheels on road & gravel.
*Rocky Mountain Vertex bike rentals for Kids Camp participants are only $10.
Coyotes: Ages 5-8
Wolves: Ages 9-12
2018 Grand Targhee Summer Camp Rates
|Regular Rate||$79/day||Purchase Now|
|2018/19 Season Passholder||$63/day||800.TARGHEE|
|Sibling Discount||$68/day||Purchase Now|
|Sibling Discount 2018/19 Season Passholder||$55/day||800.TARGHEE|
|Punch Pack – 10 days of camp throughout the season||$650 ($65/day)||Purchase Now|
|June Monthly Pass (10 days)||$529 ($53/day)||Purchase Now|
|July Monthly Pass (22 days)||$1,169 ($53/day)||Purchase Now|
|August Monthly Pass (23 days)||$1,229 ($53/day)||Purchase Now|