Registration for camps will open on April 15, 2021.
SUMMER CAMP IS BACK FOR 2021!
VOTED BEST CAMP IN TETON VALLEY FOR 2018 & 2019, Grand Targhee’s Summer Camp is designed to keep your children active and learning this summer. Daily activities include swimming lessons, disc golf, biking instruction, arts and crafts, music, chair lift rides, hiking, Gheecology (nature study of Grand Targhee), group games! Sign up daily, or with a punch pack for camp.
- June 21 – August 26, 2021
- Monday – Thursday
- 5 – 12 years old
- 8:00am – Shuttle pick up in Driggs
- 8:15am – Shuttle pick up in Alta
- 8:30am – Arrive at GTR
- 8:30-11:30 – Getting ready for the pool and pool time (10:00-11:30)
- Monday & Wednesday, 1:00-4:00pm – beginner, intermediate, and advanced bike ride, and hike
- Tuesday & Thursday, 1:00-4:00pm – activities to come
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm – Snack time
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm – Playscapes/Crafts and Games/Clean up
- 5:00pm – Depart from GTR
- 5:15pm – Shuttle drop off in Alta
- 5:30pm – Shuttle drop off in Driggs
Activties and times around activities are subject to change.
Field Trips are TBD.
- Per Day Price: $65
- 10 Punch Pack: $630
- 20 Punch Pack: $1,200
Punch Packs may be split with family or friends! Field Trips will be an extra cost.
Heath and Safety Guidelines
- Counselor to child ratios will not exceed 10:1 – limiting the size of the group to 10.
- Camps are limited to 15 – 30 campers per day.
- We will take the campers’ temperature and give them hand sanitizer before boarding the bus.
- Campers will sit as far apart as possible on the bus.
- Staff will wear masks while indoors with the kids and while interacting with parents.
- Powder Scouts building, bus, and high touch areas will be cleaned at the end of the day with a strong bleach solution.
- The bus will only be used for Kids Camp to maintain the sanitization at the end of each day.
- If dropping your child off at the resort, please meet the counselor in front of the Activity Center.
- No personal soft toys, blankets, etc. will be allowed in the Kids Club building.
SUMMER CAMP MOUNTAIN BIKE PROGRAM
Grab your helmet, water bottle, and bike, and join us for another summer of shredding dirt on Targhee’s legendary single-track trails! We’re excited to offer Mountain Biking 2 days a week, coached by Grand Targhee’s skilled and enthusiastic instructors. The program is designed for both new and experienced riders alike and will focus on safety, fundamental skills and progression, trail stewardship, fun, and adventure. Little ones new to the sport will love the adventure of trail riding while more experienced riders will enjoy taking it to the next level!
Campers will be grouped by ability so that instruction is differentiated to better meet their needs. We will offer a Level 1 and a Level 2 ride each day with appropriate skill progression presented relative to experience.
- Body & Eye Position
- Body & Bike Separation
- Riding Bridges & Obstacles
- Trail Stewardship
- Basic Bike Maintenance
*Campers are welcome to bring their own bikes; however, we highly recommend that kids ride bikes on trails with hand breaks and gears for safety purposes.
*For trail rides kids must know-how and be comfortable riding a 2-wheel bike without training wheels on road & gravel.
*Rocky Mountain Vertex bike rentals for Kids Camp participants are only – Price Coming Soon.
RIDE UP: Summer Camp Shuttle Pickup locations:
8:00am – Driggs Transit
8:15am – Alta Elementary (Alta, WY, off Ski Hill Rd.)
RIDE DOWN: Summer Camp Shuttle Drop Off locations:
5:15pm – Alta Elementary (Alta, WY, off Ski Hill Rd.)
5:30pm – Driggs Transit
- No fee for rescheduling outside of 24 hours
- $25 cancellation fee with 24 hours’ notice
- Full forfeit for cancelations made within 24 hours.
- COVID – 19 Special considerations apply. If camper is not feeling well, camp day can be re-scheduled within 24hrs. Inform bus driver and Kids Camp Staff right away.
- Kids camp bike rentals available for Monday & Wednesday bookings
- $15 per day
Punch Pass Details
- Punch pack MUST BE SOLD under the guardian’s name
- Punch packs are transferrable
- Non-refundable, any remaining credit by the end of the Summer 2021 season will be forfeited