Grand Targhee Summer Camp
Grand Targhee Summer Camp
SUMMER CAMP IS BACK FOR 2020!
We’re excited to announce the return of one of Teton Valley’s favorite summer camps! We have been working through new policies and procedures to provide a safe and fun summer camp. Get your little adventurers out and about this summer at Grand Targhee Resort. Summer camp will be available for purchase on June 1, 2020.
- June 22 – August 27, 2020
- Monday – Thursday
- 5 – 12 years old
- 8:00am – 8:30am – Shuttle pick up in Driggs and Alta
- Monday & Wednesday, 9:00am – 12:00pm – beginner, intermediate, and advanced bike ride and hike
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00am – 12:00pm – activities to come
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Lunch
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Playscape time
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm- Pool time
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm – Snack time
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm – Playscapes/Grafts and Games
- 5:00pm – 5:30pm – Shuttle drop off in Alta and Driggs
- $65 per day
- 10 Punch Pack: $630
- 20 Punch Pack: $1,200
Punch Packs may be split with family or friends!
Heath and Safety Guidelines
- Counselor to child ratios will not exceed 9:1 – limiting the size of the group to 10.
- Camps are limited to 8 – 15 campers per day.
- Parents will be asked to stay in their cars. We will walk to the car to pick up and drop off the children. This way, we can keep with social distancing.
- We will take the campers’ temperature and give them hand sanitizer before boarding the bus.
- Campers will sit as far apart as possible on the bus.
- Staff will wear masks while indoors with the kids and while interacting with parents.
- Powder Scouts building, bus, and high touch areas will be cleaned at the end of the day with a strong bleach solution.
- The bus will only be used for Kids Camp to maintain the sanitization at the end of each day.
- If dropping your child off at the resort, please meet the counselor in front of the Activity Center.
- No personal soft toys, blankets, etc. will be allowed in the Kids Club building.
SUMMER CAMP MOUNTAIN BIKE PROGRAM
Grab your helmet, water bottle, and bike, and join us for another summer of shredding dirt on Targhee’s legendary single-track trails! We’re excited to offer Mountain Biking 2 days a week, coached by Grand Targhee’s skilled and enthusiastic instructors. The program is designed for both new and experienced riders alike and will focus on safety, fundamental skills and progression, trail stewardship, fun, and adventure. Little ones new to the sport will love the adventure of trail riding while more experienced riders will enjoy taking it to the next level!
Campers will be grouped by ability so that instruction is differentiated to better meet their needs. We will offer a Level 1 and a Level 2 ride each day with appropriate skill progression presented relative to experience.
- Body & Eye Position
- Body & Bike Separation
- Riding Bridges & Obstacles
- Trail Stewardship
- Basic Bike Maintenance
*Campers are welcome to bring their own bikes; however, we highly recommend that kids ride bikes on trails with hand breaks and gears for safety purposes.
*For trail rides kids must know-how and be comfortable riding a 2-wheel bike without training wheels on road & gravel.
*Rocky Mountain Vertex bike rentals for Kids Camp participants are only – Price Coming Soon.