Kids Summer Camp
Our award-winning Summer Camp in Teton Valley is designed to keep your children active and learning this summer. At this camp, we offer biking every day. Other daily activities include swimming, disc golf, biking instruction, arts and crafts, music, chairlift rides, hiking, Gheecology (nature study of Grand Targhee), group games, and at least a few more.
There’s no need to drive to the mountain. We’ve got you covered with a dedicated camp shuttle and convenient stops at the Driggs Transportation Center and the Alta School.
Sign up for daily sessions or with a 10-punch pack. Punch packs can be shared between family members or friends.
|PRODUCT||Price||HOW TO BOOK|
SINGLE DAY Kids Camp*
AGES 5 - 12 YEARS
|$90||See you Next Summer|
10 Punch Pack**
TRANSFERABLE PUNCH PACK
|$850||See you Next Summer|
Bike Rental ADD-ON***
AVAILABLE SIZES: 20", 24" & 26"
|$35||See you Next Summer|
* Choice of Mountain Bike or Kids Adventure Program
** Punch Packs May Be Split Between Family or Friends! To book your daily camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Mountain Bike Program Only when booked at the same time as the day camp. Bike rentals added at a later date will be charged full price.
Kids Camp Program has limited availability, so advance bookings are required.
The purchase of Punch Pack does not guarantee Kids Camp availability. Punch packs are transferable and non-refundable. Any remaining credit will be forfeited by the end of the Summer 2022 season.
Bike Rental discounted pricing is only available for the Mountain Bike Program when booked at the same time as the Day Camp. Bike rentals added at a later date will be charged full price. Changes to Bike rental dates are not permitted within 24hrs and payment will be forfeited.
HOW TO BOOK
To book Kids Camp dates, please email email@example.com the following information:
- Name Punch Pack was purchased under (when applicable)
- Camper’s First and Last Name
- Camp they would like to attend
- Kids’ camp dates
- Drop off/ Pickup location
- Camper’s Date of Birth *
- Immunization record*
- Legal Guardian’s Address, Phone Number & email address*
Do you need to rent a bike for the Mountain Bike Program? If yes, we will contact you to request additional payment. This information must be provided the first time Kids Camp dates are booked.
Purchase of a Punch Pack does not guarantee Kids Camp availability. Punch packs are transferable and non-refundable. Any remaining credit will be forfeited by the end of the Summer 2022 season.
Be sure to check in at each Pick-up location a few minutes before pick-up time. Meet the Summer Camp Bus at the Plaza staircase at Grand Targhee Resort for parent drop-off. Please make sure to submit all paperwork before dropping off at any location.
- 8:00am Shuttle pick up at Driggs Transit Center
- 8:15am Shuttle pick up at Alta Elementary School
- 8:30am Arrive at Grand Targhee Resort
- 8:30am – 11:30am Getting ready for the pool and pool time
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Lunchtime (MEAL IS NOT INCLUDED)
- 1:00pm – 3:30pm MOUNTAIN BIKE PROGRAM – beginner, intermediate, and advanced bike ride, and hike. (See details on the next tab)
- 3:30pm – 4:00pm Snack time (MEAL IS NOT INCLUDED)
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm Playscapes/Crafts and Games/Clean up
- 5:00pm Depart from Grand Targhee Resort
- 5:15pm Shuttle drop off in Alta Elementary School
- 5:30pm Shuttle drop off in Driggs Transit Center
MOUNTAIN BIKE PROGRAM
SUMMER CAMP MOUNTAIN BIKE PROGRAM
Grab your helmet, water bottle, and bike, and join us for another summer of shredding dirt on Targhee’s legendary single-track trails! We are excited to offer mountain biking daily, coached by Grand Targhee’s skilled and enthusiastic instructors. The program is designed for both new and experienced riders alike and focuses on safety, fundamental skills, progression, trail stewardship, fun, and adventure. Little ones new to the sport will love the experience of trail riding, while more advanced riders will enjoy taking their abilities to the next level.
Campers will be grouped by ability so that instruction is differentiated to meet their needs better. We will offer a Level 1 and a Level 2 ride on each Mountain Bike Program Day with appropriate skill progression relative to experience.
- Body & Eye Position
- Body & Bike Separation
- Riding Bridges & Obstacles
- Trail Stewardship
- Basic Bike Maintenance
- *Campers are welcome to bring their own bikes. However, we highly recommend kids ride bikes on trails with hand breaks and gears for safety purposes.
*For trail rides, kids must know how and be comfortable riding a 2-wheel bike without training wheels on road & gravel.
*Rocky Mountain Vertex bike rentals for Kids Camp participants are only $35 + tax ($54 retail + tax)
RIDE UP: Summer Camp Shuttle Pickup locations:
- 8:00am – Driggs Transit Center
- 8:15am – Alta Elementary (Alta, WY, off Ski Hill Rd.)
RIDE DOWN: Summer Camp Shuttle Drop-Off locations:
- 5:15pm – Alta Elementary (Alta, WY, off Ski Hill Rd.)
- 5:30pm – Driggs Transit Center
You may reschedule Kids Camp bookings without penalty if you give 24-hour advance notice. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance and will be charged a $25 processing fee per camp/bike rental day per camper. Same-day cancellations and no-shows are non-refundable. If you have rented a bike with your day camp, fees will apply for the Bike Rental and the Kids Camp fees.
If the camper is not feeling well, please do not have them come to camp for the day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307-353-2300 ext1 as soon as possible to let us know of the change. Please leave a voicemail if you are calling outside of business hours. BIKE RENTAL BOOKINGS CANNOT BE CHANGED ON THE DAY OF USE AND WILL BE FORFEITED.