Beautiful terrain, wildlife, pure air, and groomed tracks come together to make up the Grand Targhee Nordic Trail System. Rick’s Basin and Quakie Ridge are considered some of the most beautiful Nordic terrain in the region. It boasts 15km of groomed classic cross-country trails and skate skiing lanes that wind through wooded glades, aspen groves, and scenic meadows. Find your stride or expand your Nordic skills in classic or skate skiing with a lesson through our friendly Ski & Snowboard School.
Nordic skiers must purchase one of the following to ride our Winter Sports Trail System: a Full Mountain Lift Ticket, Winter Season Pass, Nordic Trail Ticket or a Nordic Season Pass.
Nordic trails are typically groomed, and the classic track set, on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, conditions permitting.
Please check the Lifts & Trails Report for the most accurate information and trail status.
WINTER SPORTS TRAIL INFORMATION & RULES
- Nordic Trail ticket or Season Pass is required to access the Winter Sports Trail System.
- Hours of operation: 9:00am – 4:00pm daily.
- The Grand Targhee Resort’s Winter Sports Trail System will be closed when it snows more than 3″.
- Nordic trails are typically groomed, and the classic track set, on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, conditions permitting.
- Resort boundaries are not marked. It is recommended to stay on designated trails.
- Trail system is Share the trail. Treat other users with courtesy and respect.
- Keep the volume on your headphones at a reasonable level.
- Dogs are not permitted on trails.
- Over-snow vehicles may be encountered at any time, please give them plenty of space.