Season Passes are non refundable and non transferable unless protected with Grand Targhee’s Pass Protection, see details below. Lost or stolen passes can be reprinted for $25.
2018/19 Pass Protection Policy
Grand Targhee Resort wants to see you skiing! We understand that the unpredicted may happen, preventing you from utilizing your season pass at Grand Targhee Resort.
Grand Targhee Pass Protection coverage offers a credit for the pro-rated cost of the unused portion of your Grand Targhee season pass, to be used towards the purchase your 2019/20 season pass. Grand Targhee Pass Protection is non-transferable or refundable. If you do not purchase Grand Targhee Pass Protection, you will not be eligible for a credit towards a future season pass purchase and understand that passes are non-transferable or refundable. Grand Targhee Pass Protection is approximately 6% of the cost of the pass at the time it is purchased, and can be added to a pass up to 30 days after pass purchase, prior to first use.
If you become medically unable to ski or ride, or if you are transferred out of the area (300 miles or more from Grand Targhee Resort) due to employment, a credit toward your next season pass will be determined based on the following pro-rated schedule. Credits will not be given unless you will be unable to ski or ride in the future. Only injured passholders qualifies.
Pro-Rated Schedule for Season Pass Credits:
1. Season pass must have been used 10 or less times in the season to qualify for a pro-rated credit. This includes Spring and Summer use.
2. The prorated date is based on the date we are notified and a request is submitted, not the date of the incident.
3. All requests must be received prior to March 1, 2019.
|Date||Eligible Pro-Rated Amount|
|Prior to Dec 1||100%|
|Dec 31||Up to 75%|
|Jan 30||Up to 50%|
|Feb 29||Up to 25%|
|After March 1||NA – 0%|
Contact for Documentation
Mail: Grand Targhee Resort
Attn: Activity Center
3300 E. Ski Hill Rd
Alta, WY 83414
I purchased pass protection. How do I request a credit or refund?
I purchased pass protection. How do I request my gift card credit?
Please provide all three of the following documents so that we can process your request. You may mail these documents via mail or email to the contact info above. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
1. Letter requesting a credit within 30 days of incident. Please include first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, and a brief explanation of why you are unable to use your pass.
2. Your Season Pass.
3. A doctor’s letter on official letterhead stating the reason for non-participation and date of onset, or a letter from your employer on official letterhead certifying a transfer and an effective date.
Credit towards future season pass purchase: If a credit is granted, you will receive a gift card. You will be responsible for any difference in price when using your gift card for future season pass purchases.
Refunds: Refunds will not be given unless you will be unable to ski or ride in the future. Only injured pass holder qualifies. If original payment for your season pass was by cash or check, and you are granted a refund, a check will be issued through our Accounts Payable department (allow 2-3 weeks). If original payment for your season pass was by credit card, the amount of refund will be credited to your credit card. You need to provide us with your credit card information in order for us to process the refund.
Lift Tickets, Music Festival Tickets and Music Festival Camping
All daily tickets, multi-day tickets and 4-Packs are non-refundable and non-transferable. Ticket stubs may be presented for a replacement ticket if the ticket falls off.
Grand Targhee Cat Skiing Cancellation Policy
(All Refunds are handled through the Activity Center)
Due to rapidly changing mountain weather, we are often evaluating terrain and snow conditions leading up to the final hours before your trip. We make every effort to get you out on your scheduled day so long as conditions are safe.
If GTR cancels your trip due to snow conditions or safety concerns, you will be refunded, or you may reschedule for another date before the end of the season at no penalty.
If you choose to cancel your trip, you must cancel outside 72 hours of trip date for rescheduling or refund eligibility. All refunds will be charged a $50/seat cancellation fee prior to refund. Cancellations made within 72 hours of trip date are a full forfeit of trip cost*
*Please keep in mind, we reserved your seat for you, and in doing so prevented other individuals and groups from booking
*You may transfer your seat to another individual if done at least 48 hours in advance; please inform GTR of the change
- Please be aware, there are no refunds for lodging if your cat is cancelled. The Resort is open for skiing and riding 7 days a week during the winter season. If you cancel your lodging reservation, you will be subject to Grand Targhee Resort’s Lodging Cancellation Policy.
Lodging cancellation policy: We require a deposit at booking of one night’s stay plus tax. Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival. If you cancel outside of 30 days, we refund the initial lodging advance deposit less a $25.00 cancellation fee. We do process FULL payment 30 days prior to arrival. If you cancel within 30 days and before 14 days, we refund the full amount less the initial advance deposit. In the unlikely event you need to cancel within 14 days you forfeit the entire amount.
Including: Massage Services, Horseback Rides, Ski and Snowboard Lessons and Rentals
All activities must be paid in full at time of booking. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance and will be charged a $25 processing fee. Same day cancellation or no show is a full forfeit. Every effort will be made to re-schedule the activity, subject to availability.
GRAND TARGHEE RESORT DOG POLICY
Grand Targhee Resort is dog friendly, however, pets must be on a leash at all times for the safety of the resort guests. Dogs are only allowed in dog friendly rooms and designated areas. Please make reservations by calling: 800.827.4433.
PET DROP ZONES WITH PET PICK-UP STATIONS ARE LOCATED:
- In the trees west of Teewinot Lodge (Lot #2)
- In front of the Targhee Lodge
- In the designated RV drop zone
- Crenshaw Kennels Call: 208.787.2420
RV Camping (Non Music Festivals)
Ideally situated in the scenic Caribou-Targhee National Forest, enjoy overnight RV camping & parking at Grand Targhee Resort with convenient access to the slopes, trails, dining, and more.
Overnight RV Camping & Parking
Overnight RV parking cost is $25 + taxes & fees, per night. An additional vehicle fee of $5 per night applies for up to one additional vehicle per RV unit.
Special Event and Festival Rules & Rates apply for July 27 – 29, 2018, August 3 – 10, 2018, August 24 – 26, 2018, and August 31 – September 3, 2018 Other dates and festivals may be added.
Overnight & Camping Details
- RV permits are sold at the lodging Front Desk.
- Display the camping permit in your driver’s side window.
- RV and self-contained vehicles only, no tent camping (see event exceptions below).
- Tent camping may be allowed during Grand Targhee Resort special events. These include and are not limited to Music Festivals, Pierre’s Hole 50/100 MTB Bike Race, Targhee Music Camp, The Grand Enduro Montana Enduro Series, and the Wydaho Rendezvous Teton Mountain Bike Festival.
- No electrical, water, or waste hook-ups are available.
- Pack out everything you packed in: trash, recycling, waste water, sewage.
- RV parking is designated in Lot #4 only in the Moose and Wolf rows.
- You are in bear country! All food items: pet food, coolers, grills, dirty dishes, and trash must be stored in a closed vehicle when not in immediate use.
- Bathroom services are not available in the base lodge from 7:00pm – 7:00am.
- There is a maximum 7 night consecutive stay.
- Quiet hours are 10:00pm – 8:00am, no generators permitted between these times.
- No open campfires or charcoal grills. Gas grills are allowed, but must be stored inside vehicle when not in use.
Uphill Travel Policy/ Designation of Boundary Types
Between the hours of 4:30pm – 9:00am uphill non-motorized traffic will be allowed on the Teton Vista Traverse during normal lift operating dates via climbing skins or snowshoes, no dogs are allowed.
Uphill traffic will be signed open or closed at the bottom of the Teton Vista Traverse. During each evening sweep the open/closed sign will be changed to reflect access for that evening/morning depending on scheduled avalanche hazard reduction work.
Uphill and downhill traffic between the hours of 4:30pm and 9:00am will be restricted to the Teton Vista Traverse only from the base area to the backcountry access gate.
Access uphill of the Painted Pony trail on the Teton Vista Traverse along with all other trails including the Mary’s Nipple area is closed at all times.
All uphill traffic must start descending no later than 9:00am