Season Pass Protection Policy
2017/18 Pass Protection Policy
Grand Targhee Resort wants to see you skiing! We understand that the unpredictable may happen, preventing you from utilizing your season pass at Grand Targhee Resort.
Grand Targhee Pass Protection coverage offers credit or reimbursement for the pro-rated cost of the unused portion of your Grand Targhee season pass. Grand Targhee Pass Protection is not transferable or refundable. If you do not accept Grand Targhee Pass Protection, you will not be eligible for a refund or credit toward your next season pass purchase and understand that passes are not transferable. Grand Targhee Pass Protection is approximately 6% of the cost of the pass at the time it is purchased, and can be added to a pass up to 30 days after pass purchase.
If you become medically unable to ski or ride, or if you are transferred out of the area (300 miles or more from Grand Targhee Resort) due to employment, a credit toward your next season pass will be determined based on the following pro-rated schedule. Refunds will not be given unless you will be unable to ski or ride in the future. Only injured pass holder qualifies.
Pro-Rated Schedule for Season Pass Credits and Refunds:
- Season pass must have been used 10 or less times in the season to qualify for a pro-rated reimbursement or refund. This includes Spring and Summer use.
- The pro-rated date is based on the date we are notified and a claim is submitted, not the date of the incident.
- All requests must be received prior to March 1, 2018
|Date||Eligible Pro-Rated Amount|
|Prior to Dec 1||100%|
|Dec 31||Up to 75%|
|Jan 30||Up to 50%|
|Feb 29||Up to 25%|
|After March 1||NA – 0%|
Contact for Documentation
Grand Targhee Resort
Attn: Activity Center
3300 E. Ski Hill Rd
Alta, WY 83414
I purchased pass protection. How do I request a credit or refund?
Please provide all three of the following documents so that we can process your request. You may mail these documents via mail or email to the contact info above. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- Letter requesting a credit or refund within 30 days of incident. Please include first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, and a brief explanation of why you are unable to use your pass.
- Your Season Pass
- A doctor’s letter on official letterhead stating the reason for non-participation and date of onset, or a letter from your employer on official letterhead certifying a transfer and an effective date.
Credit toward future season pass purchase: If a credit is granted, we will send you a gift card worth the amount of credit you will receive toward your pass for the next season. This gift card is what you will pay with, and must be presented in person or by phone. You will be responsible for any difference in price.
Refunds: If original payment for your season pass was by cash or check, and you are granted a refund, a check will be issued through our Accounts Payable department (allow 2-3 weeks). If original payment for your season pass was by credit card, the amount of refund will be credited to your credit card. You need to provide us with your credit card information in order for us to process the refund.