The 18-hole Grand Targhee Disc Golf Course plays through rolling aspen meadows at 8,000 feet! Discs seem to float further at the high-alpine elevation, so you can enjoy drives that are over 550 feet! Long holes, short holes, between trees, and everything in between, this is not your standard wide-open links course. The course favors players with an arsenal of throwing techniques, from standard backhand and forehand to tomahawks. Beginners and experts alike will be challenged!
Please remember to stop by the Activity Center for a course map and Teton Mountain Outfitters for disc sales and rentals. There are beverages available for purchase at the Trap Bar and Grill, the General Store and the Branding Iron Grill cocktail bar.
Disc Golf Rules
- The object is to acquire the lowest score.
- Tee Throws – Tee throws MUST be completed BEHIND the designated tee area.
- Lie – Lie The spot on or directly underneath the spot where the previous throw landed.
- Throwing Order – After teeing-off, the player whose disc is the furthest from the hole always throws first. the player with the least amount of throws on the previous hole is the first to tee-off on the next hole.
- Fairway Throws – Fairway throws must be made with the foot closest to the hole on the lie. The other foot may be no closer to the hole than the lie. A run-up and normal follow-through, after release, is allowed.
- Putt Throws – Within 3 meters of the pole, a player may not step past the point of his lie in making his putt throw. Falling or jumping putts are not allowed.
- Completion of Hole – A disc that comes to rest in the basket or chains constitutes successful completion of that hole.
- Unplayable Lie – Any disc that comes to rest more than 2 meters above the ground is considered an unplayable lie. The disc must be thrown from the new lie on the ground, directly underneath the unplayable lie. (1 throw penalty)
- Out of Bounds – A throw that lands out of bounds must be played from the point where the disc went out of bounds. A disc crossing walking path or surrounded by water is out of bound (1 throw penalty).
- Course Courtesy – Do not throw unless all resort users are clear of the potential disc path. If unable to play due to the presence of others, skip the hole or play a temporary alternate tee.
Other Teton Region Courses
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyoming
- Lava Hot Springs 9-hole, Idaho
- Nature Park 9-hole, Rexburg, Idaho
- McCowin Park 9-hole, Ammon, Idaho